- Pack Size: Two (2) Batteries
- Capacity: 4007mAh
- Max Charge Rate: 6.01A
- Max Charge Voltage: 4.2V
- Continuous Discharge Rate: 30.3A
- Max 80oC | 3.2V cut-off: 38.6A
- Pulse | Peak: 44.1A
Cycle Life Retention: 500 Cycles (72%), 1000 (62%)
- Chemistry Type: QSP Li-NMC
- PDF Snapshot: Brochure
Taking an already solid foundation, Hohm Tech Int’l has pushed further making the best of the best even better. Now utilizing proprietary structure, top cap, and chemistry (QSP Li-NMC), we can confidently say RUN XL is king of the 21700 game in every way imaginable.
Idea was to power only electric motor applications with the 21700, but found it too good to not share with the world. To prepare this cell to meet the extreme safety standards we hold ourselves accountable to, it took over 2 years of R&D on just the Cobalt Oxide ratio and Graphite stripping process.
The RUN XL 21700 will excel very much like its counterparts do, but with increased tolerance to amp loads, voltage sustainability under load, and increased cell life with the inherent cooler operation of new chemistry. For consumers that use devices requiring extremely heavy amperage, but need a battery that supports those loads without having to swapped out so quickly, we introduce to the RUN XL 21700 series cell.
Hohm RUN XL can be used in various applications with a Battery Management System. These are rated by Indonesia Chemistry at 4007mAh capacity, with a CDR of 30.3A, an 80°C | 2.8V cut-off of 38.6A, and a pulse/peak rating of 44.2A. All ratings are subject to meet and/or exceed strict limitation policies set forth for DLr (See 1 Below), TID (See 2 Below), PVDL (See 3 Below), CLR (See 4 Below), mΩR (See 5 Below), and Temperature (°C). RUN XL is most closely related to the popular Hohm LIFE 18650 cell, but has chemistry melded at different Hz. Results are incredibly high amperage delivery, with an assurance of consistent coalition within the Li-ion family.
Every Hohm Tech cell model has been tested and certified by UN38.3, EN62133, IEC62133 2nd Edition, and UL1642 accredited laboratories and testing facilities assigned by regulatory bodies. This includes MSDS, CE, ROHS, UN38.3, IEC, PSE, Specifications, and Air/Sea Transport certifications. We do not cut corners. We deliver what we promise… chart-topping performance, capacity, consistency, and safety.
To expound on safety:
- modified cathode tag consisting of higher purity aluminum is utilized to aid in lowering internal resistance
- updated poly seal with refined bitumen is installed in every cell to ensure excess pressure is controlled
* NOTICE: Hohm Tech does not manufacture batteries. These are made for and licensed to Hohm Tech Int’l achieving their requirements set forth.
** CAN BE CHARGED AT 4.43A. This is not a misprint. 4.43A as in FOUR POINT FOUR THREE-amp charging is possible, tested, proven, and approved within all strict safety protocols set by Indonesia Chemistry.
*** TESTING BEYOND TEMPERATURE. Hohm Tech cells utilize both static & dynamic testing that includes but not limited to: density loss, thermal distribution, volt drop limiters, cycle life retention, and temperature. These tests are imperative to achieve true cell performance, longevity, and overall quality.
Density Loss Ratio
- Thermal Image Distribution
- Pulse Voltage Drop Limitation
- Cycle Life Retention
- Resistance Retentivity Pre|Post
- Pulse & Peak is applicable to Dynamic EV Systems ONLY and rated @ ≤5 SEC ON / ≥30 SEC OFF
- KEEP OUT OF REACH of anyone under 18 years of age, AND pets.
- DO NOT PUT IN FIRE, oven, microwave, or expose to anything over 100oC (212oF)
- DO NOT CARRY or store OUTSIDE of its protective packaging or a PROTECTIVE CELL CASE.
- DO NOT PUT IN POCKET, bag, purse, or anywhere WITH METAL OBJECTS including COINS and KEYS. Otherwise, cell(s) could short-circuit and explode.
- DO NOT PUT A DEVICE WITH CELL(S) INSTALLED IN POCKET or ON YOUR BODY. As unlikely as it may be, a device can malfunction, have a defect, internal damage, and/or be affected by conductive debris or object(s) in pocket that can overload or short-circuit cell causing it to explode.
- DO NOT USE IN A DEVICE THAT CAN EXCEED MAX CELL WATTAGE (W) or AMPERAGE (A) (listed on each cell and retail packaging). Otherwise, this can overload a cell, causing it to explode.
- DO NOT USE A LOWER RESISTANCE (Ω) # (listed on each cell and retail packaging). Otherwise, this can overload cell, causing it to explode.
- DO NOT USE CELL WITH ANY DAMAGE TO ITS STRUCTURE OR OUTER PROTECTIVE LABEL (also called “WRAP”, “sleeve”, “skin”). Damage may include: dent(s), tear(s), nick(s), puncture(s), corrosion, or any other undisclosed abnormalities or damages. Otherwise, a cell can short-circuit and explode. ALWAYS INSPECT cell VISUALLY and by TOUCH to SEE/FEEL for damage BEFORE EACH USE. ** SEE ILLUSTRATION BELOW AS GUIDELINE. **
- DO NOT LEAVE UNATTENDED WHILE CHARGING, & REMOVE CELL(s) FROM CHARGER ONCE FULLY CHARGED to ensure it is not exposed to any potential charger malfunction such as overcharging which could damage cell causing it to explode.
- DO NOT CHARGE HIGHER THAN MAX CHARGE VOLTAGE (V) (typically 4.2V) or DISCHARGE BELOW MAX VOLTAGE CUT-OFF (V) (typically 2.5V). Overcharging or over-discharging cell(s) can cause irreversible damage and cause it to explode.
- DO NOT MIX WITH USED or DIFFERENT BATTERY TYPES. Differences in cell capacity can lead to one or more cell(s) being overcharged or over-discharged.
- IF USING A MULTI-CELL DEVICE, the device MUST HAVE A NON-CONDUCTIVE BARRIER (typically plastic) OR FITMENT that PREVENTS CELL(S) from TOUCHING THE SIDE(S) OF ONE ANOTHER OR ANY ADJACENT METAL except for the very center of top and bottom of the cell. Otherwise, cell(s) could short-circuit and explode.
- ALWAYS use, connect, charge, and operate cell(s) within their capabilities as listed on each cell, packaging, and product detail pages, while adhering to the device’s user manual.
- COMPLETELY READ and follow the WARNING section listed on each cell, packaging, and here, in its entirety.
- SEARCH www.YouTube.com for “18650 EXPLOSIONS” to understand the importance of consistently taking safety precautions and using Li-ion cells properly. Hohm Tech advocates recycling and replacing any damaged Li-ion cell/battery. As a tool to find your LOCAL RECYCLE CENTER. Or visit Hohm Tech Warranty Center for recycling and replacement. Your safety is #1.